Arrange-a-Room From Better Homes and Gardens—Review
Plan your redesign with the free Arrange-a-Room software
Arrange-a-Room, by Better Homes & Gardens, is one of the best free online room design applications because it's so easy to use.
If you're looking for a very simple program to help you design a room in your home then this is the online room design application for you.
Pros & Cons:
Arrange-a-Room is good alternative to full-fledged room design software but doesn't quite have everything you may need:
- It's really easy to change the shape of the room you're designing
- The online instructions are really clear and helpful
- It's simple to adjust the size of the furniture to get the exact dimensions you're looking for
- You can change the furniture and other objects to virtually any color you want
- A lot of adjusting is needed to get the room dimensions right
- There's only limited choices for types of furniture and accessories you can add
- There isn't an undo option for correcting mistakes
- You must sign up to use Arrange-a-Room
- Your browser has to be running Flash
More Information on Arrange-a-Room
Following is just a bit more information on what's available at Arrange-a-Room:
- Since it works in a web browser, you can use Arrange-a-Room on a Windows, Mac, and Linux operating system
- Before you start creating your online room, you can choose between four different room shapes, but you can adjust the specifics later
- Each wall of the room can be adjusted by dragging them around on the screen, where the dimensions are shown live so you can get it just right
- Arrange-a-Room makes it easy to split a wall in two by just clicking on it so that you can really customize the layout
- Some of the categories for objects you can add to your room include Bedroom, Tables, Accessories, Shelving/Storage, Office, and Seating
- Coloring the floor and objects is done through the Choose Colors tab. It seems a bit strange to have to visit a new tab just to color things, but it's really easy to use—just select what should be colored, make sure that's the one that's mentioned as what's selected, and then choose a color
- The four recently chosen colors are saved for you so you can access them again, which is good considering there are lots of colors to choose from and you probably want your room to match
- After you've created your online room you can print it or email it to a friend
- You can save rooms to your Better Homes & Gardens account so that you can easily access them later
- You'll have to sign in with your BHG account or register for a new free account before you can start building your online room
My Thoughts on Arrange-a-Room
I really like the simplicity of Better Homes and Gardens' Arrange-a-Room. The menus are easy to use and you don't really need any instructions to get going; everything is drag-and-drop and pretty self-explanatory.
However, while I recommend trying Floorplanner or 3Dream if you're looking to create a dream room with more bells and whistles, Arrange-a-Room does provide the basics for quickly designing a room in your house.
Just click the Visit Their Website link below to use the Better Homes and Gardens Arrange-a-Room.