Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program for Kids (Summer 2018)
Kids Can Earn Free Books From Barnes and Noble This Summer
Updated for Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program 2018
The Barnes and Noble summer reading program for kids gives kids a free book when they read 8 books over the summer.
Looking for more summer reading programs that will score your kids some freebies? Check out my list of the best summer reading program freebies that includes rewards from Half Price Books, TD Bank, and more.
How to Get Free Books From the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program
Visit Barnes and Noble summer reading program to download and print a reading journal. The journals are available in English and Spanish. Fill out the student information on the bottom of the first page of the journal. A parent must sign on this page in order for the child to get a free book.
In the reading log, your child will need to record the title and author, along with their favorite part of eight books to get their free book.
Bring the completed and signed reading journal into your local Barnes and Noble bookstore between May 15, 2018, and September 3, 2018. Present it to an employee and they will let your child choose a book from the free book list.
The Free Books Available From the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program
There's a wide variety of free books available for kids from the Barnes and Noble summer reading program. Here's what's available in 2018:
Children in grades 1 and 2 are eligible to receive one of the following books:
- The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries Series #1)
- Fancy Nancy and the Delectable Cupcakes (I Can Read! Series)
- Flat Stanley at Bat (I Can Read! Series)
- Jorge el curioso construye una casa en un arbol (Curious George Builds a Tree House)
- Pete the Cat: Pet's Big Lunch (My First I Can Read! Series)
- Sunbeam's Shine (Unicorn Princesses Series #1)
- The Stories Julian Tells
- Weather (National Geographic Kids Series)
- Where Is the Amazon? (Where Is? Series)
Kids that are in grades 3 and 4 can pick out one of these books:
- The 13-Story Treehouse (The Treehouse Books Series #1)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- The Haunted House Next Door (Desmond Cole Ghost Patrol #1)
- I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 (I Survived Series #15)
- Judy Moody and the Bucket List (Judy Moody Series #13)
- Judy Moody esta de mal humor (Judy Moody Was in a Mood) (Judy Moody Series #1)
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh
- The Trumpet of the Swan
Those children that are in grades 5 and 6 can choose from this list of books:
- Artemis Fowl
- Book Scavenger (The Book Scavenger Series #1)
- The Fairy-Tale Detectives - 10th Anniversary Edition (The Sisters Grimm Series #1)
- Greenglass House
- Jack: The True Story of Jack & the Beanstalk
- One for the Murphys
- A Tale Dark & Grimm (Grimm Series #1)
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
Other Features of the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program
The Barnes and Noble summer reading program website also has parent and educator activity kits. These kits include fun activities about reading that can be completed with a child.
Limits to Be Aware Of
The Barnes and Noble summer reading program is only available to school-aged children in grades 1-6.
Only one book is available for each child who completes a reading journal and choice must be made from the selected books available at the store.