The Best Time to Buy Sneakers
Save Money and Buy Athletic Shoes During the Biggest Sales of the Year
Need new kicks? If you want to get a great deal, the best time to buy sneakers is...January and April.
While it's true that there are certain months to find the best deals on running shoes, there are other ways to save money year-round.
Why is January a Good Time to Buy Sneakers?
The new year brings resolutions to change our lifestyle. For many people, this involves weight loss and exercise. Retailers try to take advantage of this peak in activity and run sales on a lot of athletic apparel, including shoes.
- Scour the weekly sales ads from the stores right after the first of the year and you will find many athletic shoes on sale.
- Pair these sales with after-Christmas sales and discounts to sweeten the deals.
- Focus on stores where you can use any gift cards you received for the holidays.
- Returning a gift? Use your store credit to knock the price down on sneakers.
Save on Running Shoes in the Spring
Winters can be long and as the season changes to spring, more people want to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. This is also a perfect time to catch a bargain on running shoes.
Look for athletic shoe sales to begin in April and run through May. You can find great deals for the entire family.
Tip: Don't forget to look through marked down winter boots in the spring. You can find some great deals and be ready to go when the seasons change again in a few months.
More Times of the Year to Buy Bargain Shoes
Shoes are one of those items that go on sale throughout the year.
If you need a new pair of sneakers, you should be able to find a great deal no matter when it is.
- November and Holiday Sales - Look for shoe sales during the holiday shopping bonanza.
- Back To School Sales - Retailers know that kids need new shoes when they head back to school. Pair these sales with tax-free days and other special promotions to save a lot of money.
- Check Markdown Schedules - Sometimes you just have to ask! Call your favorite stores and ask when they do markdowns. Many stores have a regular schedule for moving merchandise to the clearance section so they can make room for new items and you can be first in line if you're in the know.
- New Sneaker Releases - You don't have to buy the latest and greatest sneaker, but if you know when new shoes are going to be released, it's possible to pick up a deal on the old stock. Call your local running store and ask when they expect to receive new shoes. This is the perfect time to pick up a pair that these newcomers replaced on the shelf.