Extract From ZIP, RAR, 7Z, CAB & Lots More With File Extractor
File Extractor is one of the most simple free file extractor programs for extracting archives, and it's completely free.
It supports extracting files from 20 different archive formats, including 7Z, ISO, and ZIP.
- Drag and drop is supported
- Works with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP
- Can extract from many different formats
- Can not create archives
- Doesn't support extracting files from an 256-bit AES encrypted archive
- Doesn't integrate with the Windows context menu
- Tries to install several other programs during setup
7Z, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, CHM, COMPOUND, CPIO, DEB, GZIP, ISO, LZH, LZMA, NSIS, RAR, RPM, SPLIT, TAR, WIM, Z, and ZIP
My Thoughts on File Extractor
Although File Extractor can't create an archive file, I really like how it handles decompressing archives. The interface is super clean and easy to read. When you open any of the supported formats, all the files are immediately listed and you can select which ones you want to extract or just dump them all into a folder.
There doesn't seem to be any settings in File Extractor, it uses very little system resources, and it's just super easy to use. So if you're looking for a file unzipper program that you don't want to get confused with, then choose File Extractor.
If you need to create a new archive, I recommend installing 7-Zip or PeaZip.