Floorplanner Lets You Create Custom Floor Plans for Free
Design a 2D or 3D Room Online With Floorplanner
Floorplanner is hands down the best free online room design application out there. It's at the top of the list because while it's easy to use it's also got all the options that you could want from an online room design application. A ton of furniture choices, great tutorials and the ability to view your design in 3D catapults Floorplanner to the top.
FloorPlanner's Pros & Cons
You'll find a lot of things to like when you start using Floorplanner to design a room:
- You can choose to view your design in 2D or 3D
- It's very easy to set room shape and dimensions
- You'll be able to create a house and rooms in a snap with the easy to use tools
- There are tons of options for furniture, flooring and other objects
- Drag-and-drop support makes designing feel natural
- There are both written and video tutorials that will help you quickly get started
- You can export the design to a PDF
- It may be too detailed if you're looking for a quick one-room project
- You have to make a free account to design a room
More Information on Floorplanner
Here are some more details on Floorplanner that are worth mentioning:
- Floorplanner works on any operating system because you don't have to install a program in order to use it - it works right through your web browser
- The basic, free account lets you create one project, add photos and videos, and view your floor plan on the mobile app
- Up to three floors can be included in one project
- There are Undo and Redo buttons
- The main menu can be hidden for extra space to work on your floor plans
- You have to register for a free account before you can use Floorplanner but you can link that to your Google account
- Switching to a different floor in your plan is as easy as choosing one from the drop-down menu
- The Build menu lets you draw walls or a surface to your floor plan, as well as add doors, windows, and structures
- Use the Decorate menu to find the furniture, colors, materials, and other basic objects that you can include in your floor plan
- The Organize menu is for adding comments and signs or icons, drawings lines, and more
- Change the wall thickness, 3D wall height, and other things from the Settings menu
- There's a design gallery where you can view creations made by other users and upload your own
Beyond Floorplanner's Free Version
If you want to get more out of Floorplanner, they have two more tiers above the free account. This current pricing chart compares the prices and outlines what features you can get. With pro accounts, you'll be getting high-resolution images, 3D renders, PDF to scale options, and be able to embed your floorplans on your website.
My Thoughts on Floorplanner
I absolutely love Floorplanner. It's fun to use and provides satisfying results. I love how you can easily create a dream home and then view it in 3D. The online design gallery is very inspiring and made me want to spend all day, or maybe even all week, designing dream homes for everyone I know.
I appreciate the fact that you can not only view the floor plan in 3D but that it works in just a matter of seconds after you switch from 2D. It's one thing to see the walls and objects on the floor from an overhead view, but switching to 3D gives a much needed, and entirely new perspective.
Even though Floorplanner is only free with basic features, you do have the ability to export the design to a PDF file to show off or keep for yourself.