Free English Worksheets
Test Your Grammar, Numbers, Colors, Letters, and More
These free English worksheets are a great way to test yourself to see if you're understanding the essential concepts of the English language. Below are dozens of free worksheets that you can print off or view on your computer to see just how well your learning is coming along.
If you find these to be too difficult, consider taking free online English lessons and free English games to learn more about what's in these worksheets, and then come back and take a second look.
There are also several free language learning mobile applications that can teach you English when you're away from your computer or free language learning websites that you can use when you are on your computer.
See How Well You Can Write Numbers in English
Learning numbers may be the most basic thing you learn with any language. Download these free English worksheets to see how well you know the English words for various numbers.
Not only can you use these worksheets to see if you can write the correct word for each number, but you can also compare the structure of each letter with the answers to verify that you're drawing them accurately.
- Download PDF - Write the word for each given number, and then fill the words into the crossword puzzle. Answers aren't given, but you'll know if you're correct if when the puzzle has been solved.
- Download PDF - Count the number of objects in each picture, and then write that number as text below the image. Check your answers on the second page.
- Download PDF - Circle the multiple choice text that matches each given number. The numbers range from 10 through 100.
- Download PDF - Express each number as words. These numbers are in the hundred thousands.
Free English Worksheets Over the Alphabet
As with any language, it's essential that you know the English alphabet. Below are worksheets you can fill out to test whether you're on track with the ordering and writing of the letters.
- Download PDF - This worksheet has lots of questions regarding the English alphabet. You must write two letters that come before and after the given letters, as well as rearrange a sentence in alphabetical order. All the answers are shown on the second page of the PDF.
- Download PDF - Arrange these 10 words in alphabetical order, and then check your answers here.
- Download PDF - List these 20 words in alphabetical order to practice the English alphabet. Answers are not included in this worksheet, so someone who knows the language will need to verify the answers.
Test Your English Colors With These Worksheets
Download these free worksheets for different methods of verifying that you know your colors in English.
- Download PDF - Match each color splash with the written word. Answers can be found here.
- Download PDF - This is very similar to the previous worksheet but you're instead given six words for each color, and you must choose only the correct one. Click here to see the answers.
- Download PDF - This English worksheet works by having you fill in the missing letters that describe each color. Get the answers here.
- Download PDF - Another iteration of the above worksheets, unscramble the letters to match the color with the scrambled word. Answers are here.
Grammar, Vocabulary, Punctuation & Spelling Worksheets
There are lots of rules when it comes to building sentences in English. Below are several worksheets you can download to see how well you know some of the basic and more tricky ones alike.
- Visit Download Page - You're given 20 verbs that you must use to fill in the incomplete sentences. The answers are on the second page.
- Download PDF - Circle the word that's spelled correctly. Check your answers on the second page.
- Visit Download Page - A common problem made by many English speakers is confusing when to use I and me in a sentence. Download this worksheet and answer the questions to see how well you do. All of the answers are included.
- Download PDF - Circle the adverb that describes the verb in each of these sentences.
- Download PDF - This is a multiple choice vocabulary practice worksheet. You're given two sentences for each section and must choose the word that fits both sentences. Answers are on the second page.
- Visit Download Page - Fill in the blank in these 10 sentences, choosing either elude or allude. Answers are included.
- Download PDF - Read the sentences and place commas in the correct places. Compare your answers with the answer key to see how many you get right. A more difficult worksheet can be found here.
- Visit Download Page - Choosing between the pronouns who and whom can be tricky. See if you can spot which word goes in these sentences, and then verify if you're correct with the answers on the second page of the worksheet.
- Visit Download Page - Practice spelling various words by finding them in this word search.
- Download PDF - Answer the questions about the different days of the week, and then find those words in the word search.
- Visit Download Page - 15 words are missing one or more of their letters. See if you can fill in the blanks, and then compare your answers with the upside down answer key on the bottom of the PDF file. Once you're finished with this one, you can find more of these missing letter worksheets on Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, Winter, Fall, 4th of July, and Summer.
- Download PDF - Rewrite the names using capital letters where they're necessary. The answer to the five questions is on the second page.