Free Receipt Templates for Microsoft Word
Create a Custom Receipt With These Free Templates for Word
These free receipt templates for Word will help you create a receipt for your small business or personal financial dealings. Like other free Microsoft Word templates, you'll be able to open the receipt template and then customize it with your own information. After that, you're ready to print and hand it over.
There are many types of receipt templates below including delivery receipt templates, cash receipt templates, rent receipt templates, sales receipt templates, donation receipt templates, and purchase receipt templates.
If you don't have Microsoft Word, you can still use many of these free receipt templates in a free word processor. Another option, though it's temporary, is to get a month long trial of Microsoft Office for free (which includes MS Word).
Note: Some of these receipt templates are downloaded as an archive file where the template must first be extracted before you can use it in your word processing program. Though they should open fine on their own, you may need to use a free file extractor to open some of them.
Delivery Receipt Templates
These receipt templates provide confirmation that a delivery actually took place.
- Professional Receipt: Professional looking template with an area for the company logo and contact information as well as the customer details and purchase information. Downloads in the DOC format.
- Goods Delivery Receipt: Simple blue design with quantity, amount, and item lines available. This is a DOTX file stored in a ZIP archive.
- Tan Delivery Receipt: Tan colored receipt template in the DOCX file format with the company information near the top and the receiver information at the bottom.
- Blank Delivery Receipt: This receipt is very simple with a design much like one would address an envelope, with the company name on the top left and the receiver's information in the center. You can get this MS Word receipt template in Microsoft's DOCX format.
Cash Receipt Templates
Cash receipts record the exchange or withdrawal of cash made for a product or service. Here are the free Microsoft Word receipt templates that will help you keep track of cash receipts.
- Receipt Template for Petty Cash: This ZIP archive includes three identical blue receipt templates for describing a petty cash withdrawal with an amount, date, receipt number, description, charged to, received by, and approved by section.
- Cash Withdrawal Receipt: Has an image placeholder and a large table in the center to record the total amount of the cash withdrawal. Downloads in the DOCX format.
- Cash Receipt Template: Download this cash payment receipt form for Word, Excel, or OpenOffice.
Rent Receipt Templates
These free receipt templates for Microsoft Word are used for a tenant of a rental property.
- Blue Rent Receipt: A concise template that fits on a small cut out but is also very detailed.
- Simple Rent Receipt: This rent receipt contains no color and has several lines for the rent invoice number, date, amount, property address, and other details, including whether it was paid by cash, check, or money order.
- Custom Rent Receipt Template: This rent receipt template steps you through creating a custom rent receipt that includes date, receipt number, amount received, type of payment, tenant's name and address, and the person receiving the funds.
- Rent Receipt Template: This rent receipt template can be downloaded for Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, or Excel.
Sales Receipt Templates
Sales receipts provide proof that a purchase took place. Here are the free sales receipt templates for Word.
- Simple Sales Receipt: Very simple design without color or images. This MS Word receipt template can be downloaded as either a PDF or a DOCX file.
- Three Sales Receipt Templates: There are three sales receipt templates here that you can open in Microsoft Word and customize with your company's information along with items sold and the price of those items.
Donation Receipt Templates
Use a donation receipt to explain details of a transaction made as a donation.
- Blue Donation Receipt: Provides full detail of the one who donated along with the description and value of the donation.
- Full Donation Receipt: Three different versions of this donation receipt are available for download, and each of them has three identical receipt templates on one page. Two are for goods donations received by a foundation, and the third is more suitable for cash donations.
- Donation Thank You Letter: A letter that you can customize that acts like a receipt but seems less structured and maybe even more formal. Can be downloaded for MS Word as a DOC or as an ODT file for use in OpenOffice, as well as opened using Google Docs.
Purchase Receipt Templates
These templates are used as a general receipt for proof of a purchase.
- Orange Purchase Receipt: This is an orange template that allows for an image in the upper right corner. This receipt template is available in Microsoft's DOCX format.
- Professional Purchase Receipt: A professional looking purchase order receipt that you can use with Microsoft Word. Includes a section for the company name, purchaser information, and recipient information, plus a table for the purchase details.
- Simple Receipt Template: Use this straightforward receipt template to descript what items have been paid for along with names and addresses and payment details.
Packing Slip Receipt Templates
These receipt template can be used to show what's the context of a shipment.
- Packing Slip Template: Use this template to show what's in the current shipment. It can be used in Google Sheets, OpenOffice, or Excel.
- Three Packing Slip Templates: There are three packing slip receipt templates here, each varying in amount of detail.
- Professional Packing Slip Template: This template has a very professional look to it and has a place where your business name can prominently be displayed.
- Blank Packing Slip Receipt Template: Open this blank packing slip receipt in Word, Excel, or as a PDF.