How to Get a Free Trial of Photoshop
You can download Photoshop free for 7 days
Adobe Photoshop is one of the best image editing programs money can buy. Fortunately, you can take advantage of a trial period to avoid spending even a penny on it.
Below are instructions for downloading an absolutely free version of Adobe Photoshop for your Windows or Mac computer. You get access to all the same features and tools as with the one you can purchase, with the only difference being that it will become unusable after 7 days.
Tip: Dozens of free online image editors have similar features as Photoshop but without the time restriction, like Adobe Photoshop Express Editor. I also keep a list of free downloadable photo editors that you can use in place of Photoshop, like the popular GIMP.
How to Get a Free Trial of Photoshop
Though the whole installation process takes awhile to complete, nearly all of it is automated, which means you have to click through just a few screens to install Photoshop.
You'll need close to 3 GB of free hard drive space to install the necessary tools to use Photoshop on Windows, or over 4 GB for macOS. Go here if you're not sure how to check the remaining free space of a hard drive in Windows.
Important: Be sure to use the trial when you'll be most apt to try out all the features. After having the Photoshop free trial for 7 days, you cannot install the trial again, regardless of whether or not you actually used it every day during the trial period.
- Open the Photoshop Free Trial page on Adobe's website.
- Click or tap the Start your free trial button to immediately start the download of Photoshop_Set-Up.exe. It should only take a moment or two.
Now that Photoshop has been downloaded, you can start the process of installing it to your computer.
- Open Photoshop_Set-Up.exe to start the Photoshop install.
- When the installer asks, you need to sign in to your Adobe account and agree to the license terms.
- If you don't have an Adobe account, use the Sign Up button on the installer to make a new Adobe account, or sign up through your web browser.
- Follow through the installer, answering any questions it asks. For example, you might need to enter a few details, like your occupation or the reason you're trying Photoshop.
- Click or tap the Start Installing button once the questions are over.
- Also included in this download is the Creative Cloud program, which is a downloader and updater for your Adobe products. It might take several minutes or longer to install.
Photoshop automatically opens once the installation has finished. If the program gives you errors and won't install, see the system requirements for running Photoshop; you might not have the right amount of system resources available or the right hardware to run the software.
How to Cancel the Photoshop Free Trial
Sometimes, when you're trying an application for free that limits usage to a certain number of days, the software automatically starts you on some sort of subscription or sells you the full product automatically at the close of the trial, but this isn't the case with the Photoshop free trial.
Because you didn't provide any payment details to purchase Photoshop, you don’t need to manually cancel any type of subscription or service. After 7 days of being installed, whether you use it throughout those days or not, Adobe Photoshop simply ceases to work unless you choose to pay for it.
More Photoshop Freebies
Plenty of free resources are available to use with this image editor. Whether you have the Photoshop free trial or the full version of the software, be sure to check out all the free add-ons you can get along with it.
At tons of free stock photo websites, you can find free images to edit in Photoshop, plus full PSD templates that include all the layers necessary to edit a project in the PSD format. If you'd rather use your own photos and just include some free textures, patterns, or shapes to spice things up, that's an option, too.