Immunet is considered one of the best free antivirus programs because it constantly connects to the Internet to stay on top of updates that help defend against viruses.
Important: Immunet provides constant virus protection, also called on-access or resident protection, for free. This means that Immunet can completely replace antivirus software from companies like McAfee and Norton that charge for their software and for yearly access to updates.
- Provides intelligent scans to detect viruses, spyware, bots, worms, etc.
- Never needs to update because it’s always connected to the Internet
- Toll-free customer support
- Installs on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows
- Doesn’t scan email databases
- No automatic detection of viruses on USB drives
- Doesn’t support scheduled or offline scanning
- Shows large advertisements
More Information on Immunet
- Works with Windows 10 down through Windows XP
- Immunet provides realtime detection of viruses, worms, bots, spyware, keyloggers, and Trojans without ever downloading an update
- Works with other antivirus programs to provide extra protection
- Runs a FlashScan to scan the registry and running processes
My Thoughts on Immunet
A major plus about Immunet is that it’s always connected to the Internet and so can always update its definitions with information all the other Immunet users gather together.
This means when a threat is detected on one system, the same threat is blocked on all the other computers that have Immunet installed.
This makes it comforting to have the program installed, even if alongside other antivirus programs.