No McDonald's Monopoly game has run in the United States for several years, and McDonald's has not responded to comments asking if it will return. If you're looking for rare game pieces for a current McDonald's Monopoly game, this page will be updated when and if the new giveaway begins.
McDonald's Monopoly is a big giveaway run by the popular fast-food chain. Traditionally, buying various food items at McDonald's, or sending away for free chances by mail, gives you random game pieces. These game pieces might have instant-win prizes on them, like free McDonald's menu items or gift cards or other goodies from partnering companies. Or, they could have Monopoly locations like Boardwalk, Reading Railroad, and other familiar pieces from the board game.
As in the board game, you need to collect all of the game pieces of one color to win a prize. For example, all the utilities, or both Boardwalk and Park Place.
Unlike the board game, however, you don't have equal odds of landing on each property. Usually, one piece in the set is rare and very hard to get, while all the other pieces in the set are common.
If you're lucky enough to get a rare game piece from the collect-and-win game, you're all but assured of winning a prize.
Each set of Monopoly properties, which is made up of two to four individual "locations," has a single rare game piece; the other game pieces are common. The common pieces are a dime a dozen. If you have that rare game piece, you're set to win.
You don't want to accidentally throw away one of those rare game pieces. Traditionally, the collect-and-win prizes include a million dollars cash along with other fun prizes like cash, Super Bowl vacations, rides in a Cessna, free vacations, free gas, and more.
So before you trash any of your McDonald's Monopoly game pieces, be sure to check this list to find out if they are rare. If they are, prepare to celebrate!
Which McDonald's Monopoly Sweepstakes Codes Are Rare
Here is the list of rare McDonald's Monopoly game pieces for the last available year, along with their colors, odds of finding them, and the prizes you could win. When the next Monopoly giveaway starts, this page will be updated with current rare pieces and odds of winning.
- BROWN: Mediterranean Avenue (#601) and Baltic Avenue (#602). 4,500 prizes of $50 cash will be awarded. Mediterranean Avenue is rare, with odds of finding it at 1 in 114,132. The odds of finding Baltic Avenue are 1 in 11.
- LIGHT BLUE: Oriental Avenue (#603), Vermont Avenue (#604), and Connecticut Avenue (#605). Ten prizes of $1,000 cash will be awarded. Vermont Avenue is rare, with odds of 1 in 51,359,172. Oriental and Connecticut Avenues each have odds of 1 in 11.
- PINK: St. Charles Place (#606), States Avenue (#607), and Virginia Avenue (#608). Ten prizes of $2,000 cash will be awarded. Virginia Avenue is rare, with odds of 1 in 51,359,172. St. Charles Place and States Avenue each have odds of 1 in 11.
- ORANGE: St. James Place (#609), Tennessee Avenue (#610), and New York Avenue (#611). Five prizes of $5,000 cash will be awarded. Tennessee Avenue is the rare game piece, with odds of 1 in 102,718,344. St. James Place and New York Avenue are common, with odds of 1 in 10 each.
- RED: Kentucky Avenue (#612), Indiana Avenue (#613), and Illinois Avenue (#614). Five prizes of $10,000 each are available to be won. With odds of 1 in 102,718,344, Kentucky Avenue is the rare game piece. Indiana and Illinois Avenue are common game pieces, and each has odds of 1 in 10.
- YELLOW: Atlantic Avenue (#615), Ventnor Avenue (#616), and Marvin Gardens (#617). Five prizes of $5,000 cash will be awarded. Ventnor Avenue is rare, with odds of 1 in 102,718,344. The common pieces, Atlantic Avenue and Marvin Gardens, each has 1 in 10 odds.
- GREEN: Pacific Avenue (#618), North Carolina Avenue (#619), and Pennsylvania Avenue (#620). Five prizes of $50,000 cash will be awarded. Pennsylvania Avenue is rare, with odds of 1 in 102,718,344. North Carolina Avenue and Pacific Avenue are not rare and have odds of 1 in 10.
- DARK BLUE: Park Place (#621) and Boardwalk (#622): One prize of a million dollars cash will be awarded! Boardwalk is the rare piece, with odds of 1 in 513,591,720. The odds of finding Park Place are 1 in 11.
- RAILROADS: Reading Railroad (#623), Pennsylvania Railroad (#624), B&O Railroad (#625), and Short Line (#626). 200 prizes of $500 cash will be awarded. Short Line is the rare game piece, with odds of 1 in 2,567,959. Odds of finding the other three railroad game pieces are 1 in 11.
For more details about any of these prizes, check the full McDonald's Monopoly rules.
Quick List of McDonald's Monopoly's Rare Game Pieces
A quick recap! The rare game pieces are:
- Mediterranean Avenue
- Vermont Avenue
- Virginia Avenue
- Tennessee Avenue
- Kentucky Avenue
- Ventnor Avenue
- Pennsylvania Avenue
- Short Line
- Water Works.
And One More Thing Before You Throw Out that Monopoly Game Sticker:
Remember that the collect-and-win game is only one way to win big prizes at McDonald's. Before you throw out your game pieces, check whether you can enter your codes online for your chance to win even more prizes.