01Girls School Uniforms
Before spending a lot at a school uniform store, see if you can find your child's school uniform online. If you can't, at the very least get the actual school uniform, blouses, pants and shoes can often be bought for less outside a uniform store. Browse online merchant's selection of these school uniform items:
- Blouses - Look for white, blue or any color school blouses. (Shop Amazon)
- School Uniform Jumpers - There are so many styles of school jumpers that it might be tough to find the right pattern and style online, but this link has a lot so check it out before heading to the often more expensive "official" school uniform store. (Shop Amazon)
- School Uniform Skirts - Skirts not only come in many colors and patterns but different styles as well. Be sure your school isn't picky about the style and then shop for something she'll like better. (Shop Amazon)
- School Polo Shirts - These shirts work for boys or girls. If your school allows plain polo shirts (as opposed to those embossed with a school logo), you'll save money here. (Shop Amazon)
02Boys School Uniforms
Browse online merchant's selection of these school uniform items:
- Shirts - This link offers a variety of button-down shirts for boys. If your son's uniform is a basic dress shirt (or he just needs a dress shirt), you may find it here for less.(Shop Amazon)
- School Uniform Pants - Unlike girls jumpers, basic boys dress pants and boys "uniform" pants are pretty much the same. Shop here for a variety of colors and styles of boys uniform pants. (Shop Amazon)
- School Polo Shirts - These shirts will work for girls or boys. If your school allows plain polo shirts (as opposed to those embossed with a school logo), you'll save money here. (Shop Amazon)
03Shoes and Accessories
04More Money Saving Tips for Moms
Spend Less on Kids' School Uniforms
Spend less for school uniforms by shopping outside the official supplier.
As you get ready to send your children back to school, it may be fine to hold off on shopping for school clothes. Kids may want to see what the fashion is this year. Maybe you'll even save money on back-to school shopping by waiting for the sales. However, shopping for school uniforms is a different story. The year's fashion never changes, but the closer you get to the start of school the more expensive and difficult uniform shopping becomes.
Many schools have a strict uniform policy that specifies a certain supplier. And if you wait, that supplier may run out of some sizes. And you'll be making two trips to the uniforms store or paying expedited shipping!.
However, not all schools care where a school uniform came from, as long as it fits the guidelines. And that's good because shopping outside the official uniform store is usually cheaper. For more on how many uniforms you need to buy and when to shop, see these Tips for Buying School Uniforms.