Once you've figured out how to get started, your next step is finding plenty of good, safe, and reliable sweepstakes to enter. Sweepstakes directories make this process much easier.
There are other ways to find online sweepstakes to enter: You can use an internet search engine, like Google, or you can keep your eyes open for advertisements for new giveaways. But if you want to let someone else do some of the work for you, and spend more of your time entering to win, use online sweepstakes directories.
What Are Online Sweepstakes Directories?
Sweepstakes directories are websites that pull together current, trustworthy sweepstakes from around the internet, putting them into one easy-to-find location for you to enter.
Sweepstakes websites usually give you pertinent information about the giveaways they list at a glance, including how often to enter, who's eligible to win, and when the giveaway will end. Most directories take additional steps to help you find exactly the kinds of prizes you want to win by letting you sort by the criteria that matter to you, such as prize category or entry frequency.
A good directory will also make it easy to differentiate the expired sweepstakes and contests from the active ones, so you don't waste your time with giveaways that you can no longer win.
16+ Trustworthy Directories that Make Entering Online Sweepstakes Easier:
If you'd like to try using a sweepstakes directory, here are 16 trustworthy ones that you can start with:
- TheBalanceEveryday Sweepstakes: The Balance offers lots of winning advice, a free newsletter, and helps you focus in by listing only the best of the best sweepstakes available to enter right now. Totally free.
- Online-Sweepstakes.com: Tons of sweepstakes and a busy community. To get the full advantages of using the site, you'll need to pay a $30 per year fee. (Here's a full review of the Online-Sweepstakes site). NOTE: This site is currently undergoing problems. Do NOT pay for membership unless you're sure that they've been ironed out!! Check the forums for updated information.
- Sweepstakes Advantage: Offers some free sweepstakes listings, and more with paid registration. Features a very nice sweepstakes categorization system, a forum, member-only giveaways, and more. (Sweepstakes Advantage's Full Review)
- Sweeties' Sweepstakes: Run by Wendy Limauge, this directory offers winning tips and sweepstakes to enter. Paid membership gives you access to local giveaways.
- Sweepstakes Lovers: A large, totally free sweepstakes directory. Sometimes, it can be difficult to tell whether a promoted sweepstakes is still active or has already expired.
- ContestGirl: A free sweepstakes listing offering simple categories, entry tracking, and personal and community notes on the sweepstakes.
- SweepSheet: A paid newsletter that includes mail-in and online sweepstakes. (SweepSheet's full review).
- Sweeping America: A paid newsletter that focuses on mail-in giveaways, with a website that offers online, blog, social media, and many other types of sweepstakes. (Sweeping America's full review)
Canadian Sweepstakes Directories:
While many of the directories listed above list some Canadian contests, here are some that are focused mainly on the Canadian market. That usually means more chances to win for Canadians.
- All Canada Contests: Canadian contests plus freebies, paid surveys, and more. No charge to use.
- ContestCanada.net: An online sweepstakes directory with some nice features including a place where you can request votes for your contests.
- ContestZoom.ca: A simple, free sweepstakes listing for Canadian sweepstakes.
- Free.ca: A Canadian savings portal that includes a sweepstakes directory as well as coupons, freebies, and more.
U.K. Sweepstakes Directories:
Residents of the United Kingdom, use these sweepstakes directories to find online competitions just for you:
- All UK Competitions: A free competition directory, similar to All Canada Contests.
- My UK Competitions: Browse this competition directory by prize type, the company sponsoring the sweepstakes, and more
- The Prize Finder: This online directory lists thousands of UK competitions to enter.
- Money-Saving Expert's Competitions Time Forum: An online forum where readers can share tips about giveaways to enter.
Why use more than one sweepstakes directory?
So why list over 15 trustworthy online sweepstakes directories, instead of just one good one?
Different directories have different criteria for listing giveaways. Using more than one helps ensure you never miss a giveaway.
Plus, some sites are just a better fit for your specific entry style than others. You might make friends in different forums, or pick up tips by perusing different sites. Good luck!