Use Swagbucks to Earn Free Gift Cards
Earn free gift cards or cash pay outs by participating in the Swagbucks program. It's easy to do, and can even be fun. Here's the scoop.
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is an online rewards program that gives you points for printing coupons, searching the web, watching videos, answering surveys, shopping and all of those other things that you already do online. Once you earn enough points, you can cash them in for free gift cards, a PayPal deposit or a donation to your favorite charity.
To join Swagbucks, visit swagbucks.com, click on the sign-up button in the top right-hand corner, and complete the registration process. Membership is free, and takes seconds. You'll even earn some Swag Bucks at sign up!
Start Earning Points
When you log into the site for the first time, take a minute to complete your survey profile. This will ensure that you get invited into all of the surveys that you're eligible for. Then, spend some time exploring the site to familiarize yourself with the lay out and all of the earning opportunities that are available to you.
Top Ways to Earn Points
- Use Swagbuck's search engine to do all of your web searches. Points will pop up from time to time as you search. Fridays are Mega Swag Bucks Day, where you can earn bigger points awards for your searches.
- Check in daily to participate in any new survey opportunities. The points pay out is high, and the time commitment is small. Be sure to answer the daily poll while you're at it.
- Print your Coupons.com coupons through the Swag Bucks site, and you'll earn 10 points for each coupon that you redeem.
- Be on the lookout for hidden Swag Bucks codes when you're on the site. They can show up anywhere on the site, on their Facebook page or even in Tweets. Here are some tips to help you find them.
- If you have some online shopping to do, check to see if the store participates in Swag Buck's rewards program. If they do, just click over to the store from Swagbucks, and you'll earn a set number of points for every dollar spent. Amazon participates in the program, so be sure to start your Amazon orders over on Swagbucks. It's an easy way to snag three points per dollar.
Cash in your points when you have as few as 450 points (that'll get you a $5 Amazon gift card), or save them up for something bigger. The Rewards Store has thousands of rewards to choose from, including gift cards to Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes and several gas stations.
Make the Most of Your Points
Scroll through the offerings in the Rewards Store, and you'll see that a $5 Amazon card goes for 450 points, while a $15 Amazon card goes for 1,500 points. Buy three $5 cards, and you'll save yourself 150 points. These types of points discrepancies are common among rewards programs, so do a bit of comparison shopping before you choose your reward.
Swagbucks is a fantastic rewards program, but not every points opportunity will be right for you. Use Swagbucks to earn points for activities that you're already doing (printing coupons, searching the web, etc.), and don't let it tempt you to do things that aren't right for you (purchasing things that you don't need, spending time on activities that aren't of interest to you, etc.).
Always make sure you understand the terms of any offer that you sign up for -- especially free trial offers.
Use Swagbucks to Save Money
- Save up your points. Then, turn them into enough gift cards to do all of your Christmas shopping.
- Cash in your points for Home Depot or Lowes cards, and put them towards your next home improvement project.
- Treat your family to dinner out, a night at the movies or some other treat that isn't in your budget.
- Plan for your next vacation by accumulating gas, restaurant, hotel and airline gift cards.