What Rafflecopter Is and How to Win Rafflecopter Giveaways
How to Use This Popular Sweepstakes Tool
If you enter sweepstakes, especially through blogs, Facebook pages, or smaller companies’ websites, it’s likely that you have seen some giveaways by Rafflecopter. What is Rafflecopter? Are their giveaways trustworthy? And how can you boost your odds of winning them?
What Is Rafflecopter?
If you have a small company and want to run giveaways, you have a lot of challenges to face.
For example, you have to design an attractive and professional-looking landing page and entry form. You need to collect the entrants’ information and store it securely. You need to have the giveaway hosted on a server that is robust enough to handle thousands of entries, if the giveaway draws a lot of entrants. And you need to randomly choose your winners.
If you are a large business, you may have entire departments who handle these issues. But smaller companies may not have that luxury.
Rafflecopter offers an app that takes care of many of these issues, making it easier for small businesses to run giveaways. Even without dedicated designers or programmers, a business can get a giveaway up and running in three minutes, according to the Rafflecopter website.
For many small companies, this is very attractive. For an affordable fee, they can make a few selections and, for a reasonable price, get a giveaway widget with everything they need, and they can put that widget on their website, blog, or Facebook page a few minutes later.
Rafflecopter also allows companies to define different ways for people to get entries by setting up tasks that are either mandatory (you won’t be entered if you don’t complete these) or optional (these award bonus entries).
These tasks can include:
- Signing up for newsletters.
- Retweeting news about the giveaway.
- Visiting websites or Facebook pages.
- Watching videos.
- Pinning something on Pinterest.
- Following the sponsor(s) on social media.
- And more...
Some of these activities can be done only once (like signing up for a newsletter or following the sponsor on social media), while others can be done daily (like retweeting or visiting web pages), which drives engagement.
This gives sweepstakes sponsors a lot of flexibility to make their giveaway a success.
How Does Entering Sweepstakes Through Rafflecopter Work?
Rafflecopter sweepstakes have advantages and disadvantages for entrants. On one hand, they are easy to enter; on the other hand, however, entering Rafflecopter sweepstakes can be time-consuming.
The first step to enter Rafflecopter sweepstakes is to log in, either by entering your name and email address or by logging in through Facebook.
If you use the Facebook option, any winning emails will go to the email address registered to the email address associated with your Facebook account.
The time-consuming part of entering Rafflecopter sweepstakes is that some of the giveaways have so many tasks to complete that entering becomes cumbersome.
For example, you may have a giveaway where many sponsors have banded together to offer prizes, and you need to sign up for all of their mailing lists to enter. Not only does that take a while to do, but it can also lead to having to unsubscribe from many unwanted emails.
Even when the tasks are optional, it can be frustrating to receive only a handful of entries while other people, who jump through more hoops, get dozens more. But it is also frustrating to spend a lot of time gaining entries into one giveaway rather than using your sweeping time efficiently to enter multiple giveaways.
For that reason, many people skip Rafflecopter sweepstakes altogether. However, if you find a giveaway with prizes you want to win, there’s nothing wrong with adding it to your sweepstakes list. Even one single entry puts you in the running for those prizes.
How to Win More Rafflecopter Sweepstakes
If you want to improve your odds of winning Rafflecopter giveaways, here are some tips to follow.
- Next, read the sweepstakes rules. This will help you ensure that you are not wasting your time by entering a giveaway that you are not eligible to win, will let you check that you are entering properly, and more.
- Complete all of the mandatory tasks. Many entrants overlook some of these tasks, causing their entries to be disqualified.
- Raise your odds by entering as many of the optional tasks as you can.
- If the giveaway offers daily tasks, bookmark the giveaway and return every day to get better odds.
- If you are doing tasks like commenting on Facebook or tweeting on Twitter, make sure your Facebook or Twitter handle reflects the name you are using to enter the Rafflecopter contest. Otherwise, you might get disqualified because the sponsor can’t verify your entry.
- If you need to tweet something to enter, make sure you do it by clicking the small “Twitter” button in the giveaway form. Otherwise, your tweet might not count toward your entries.